The Building Survey is the premium product in the Home Survey range.
The Building Survey is usually designed for residential properties which have unusual construction materials, are over 100 years old or which you intend to re-model/refurbish.
The Building Survey intends to help our clients:
- Make a reasoned and informed decision when purchasing the property, or when planning for repairs, maintenance or upgrades to a property
- Provide detailed advice on condition
- Describe the identifiable risk of potential or hidden defects
- Where practicable and agreed, provide an estimate of costs for identified repairs
- Make recommendations as to any further actions of advice, dependent on findings, for damp proofing, tree roots, drainage, timber rot or infestation, etc, which need to be obtained before committing to purchase
The Building Survey can be quite time consuming. Particular care is given to everything that is visible or easily accessible in order to examine the soundness of the structure, its general condition and all major or minor faults. By finding these things out before you buy we can help you avoid costly repairs or replacements after purchase. Importantly, the report will enable your legal adviser to concentrate on any specific findings such as whether any warranties are in place. For additional peace of mind, once you’ve received our report, we’re available to discuss our findings with you in person.
To find out if a Building Survey is needed for your proposed purchase, please call our surveyors on 01782 715725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org