Probate and Inheritance Tax – Rory Mach Associates, based in Newcastle and covering Stoke, Crewe, Stafford and surrounding areas.
When someone dies, any land and buildings they own are included in their estate and may be subject to Inheritance Tax. If so, the valuation of the estate must be conducted by a chartered surveyor with the relevant experience of the particular asset class. The valuation should reflect the value of the property at the time of death.
Our Chartered Surveyors can provide you or your advisers with the relevant report for all types of residential and commercial properties. You should note that any fees associated with formal valuation advice can be offset against the value of the estate.
The types of properties which may need a surveyor’s valuation could include:
- A private residence
- Any other houses or flats that are owned as holiday homes or for investment purposes
- Agricultural land and farms
- Business properties such as shops, factories, offices, hotels, restaurants and public houses
- Other land and buildings such as woodland, amenity land and lock-up garages
- Any rights that are attached to land, like fishing or shooting rights
For further advice and to book a valuation please call us on 01782 715725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org